Monday 18 April 2016

Art Deco candle set from Tracy


Good morning, it's time for our mid month inspirational post where the DT are taking it in turns to share either a technique that is new to them or one that they particularly enjoy using. Our April 'One for the Girls' theme is in full swing, it runs until 27th of this month so there is still plenty of time to join in and be in with a change of winning the £40 shopping voucher from PDA.

It's my pleasure to introduce Tracy this month and I am so pleased that she is sharing one of her stunning candle collections. I've been a lucky recipient of one of Tracy's candles and it has pride of place in my dining room and would you believe it has Poppies on it, I will pass you over to her to tell you how she created her set...................

"As we are showing techniques that we use, I thought about showing this one, candles. I do them often to make as gifts, often as part of a set.  They are wonderful to give to people and not as hard as you think to make.  Before I tried doing it on my own I attended a class to learn the process, but I know there is plenty of videos on line.


There is many ways to decorate candles but always remember that anything you add must be removable to allow the candle to burn.  When you add the image it is done by using tissue paper so that burns well.


You have to be very careful when doing this technique as the candle can melt really easily if the heat gets too much. I have had a few disasters while learning this, so my advice is start with cheap candles from a pound shop to practice on.

Hope you give this a try and enjoy it as much as I do"

Tracy x

Thank you so much Tracy, I hope she has inspired you to have a go at creating a beautiful candle.

4 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

This is utterly amazing and exquisite!

Sally H said...

Wonderful! I've bought my candle this evening and I am definitely having a go, Tracy. Thanks for sharing x

Sharon said...

Such a fabulous lady Brenda and she looks equally gorgeous in all you crafty makes.
Have a lovely week.
Hugs Sharon. x

Dora said...

This is a great set! Beautiful made.